May 18, 2012

How to Make California Rolls

Here I'm giving a link for a video on how to make California rolls and showing my very first experiment (how to make a California Roll Uramaki).


http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-make-a-california-roll-uramaki

Uramaki can be translated from Japanese as "rolled inside out", as normally rolls are wrapped in a seaweed called nori, and as for California rolls (like many others) we can see rice above and seaweed inside, together with filling. ^_^

Why California? It's said that a Japanese chef Nobu, working in California, noticed that Americans don't like fish over rice (ex. Philadelphia roll), and decided to hide fish or seafood inside of roll, covering it with tasty roe from the outside.)))

Here's my first ever experiment... Nevertheless, it was really yummy!

Rice, crabmeat and nori, cucumber, avocado
covering rice with roe (I didn't have such big container as in the video! ^_~)

turning to the other side and laying out the filling
I've made simple rolls also, with the same filling


presentation
yes they're not very accurate)))
I really love Japanese cuisine, I like making sushi rolls and I hope to improve in the future. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment